Tuesday, May 28, 2013

facing reality


Its finally starting to hit me that my time here in Indonesia is coming to a close. I gave my 4 big finals today and will spend the next few days grading and grading and grading. After the exams I went to lunch at a nearby mall only to be greeted by about a dozen students. As I was talking to them and taking pictures I slowly began to actually think about the fact that I am leaving and for the first time it felt real.

I have gone through this process many times now.. the knowledge that I am about to leave and must therefor say goodbye to many people perhaps for the last time but usually I put up some sort of mental block that keeps me from fully grasping the severity of the situation until I have already left. This time I am all too aware. I guess it is possible I will return, they really want me to and I will always keep in the back of my head the prospect of a good job here in Asia. However, I have learned from my previous travels that I seldom return. Not for lack of want but lack of means. I really do hope I can come back here someday. 

Okay, enough procrastinating... time to get back to grading. I can enjoy my last few weeks here much better if I am done with all of my grading...

No comments:

Post a Comment