Tuesday, May 7, 2013

tiptoe along..

Today I continued teaching my students about world war two specifically focusing on the war in the pacific. One of my students is Japanese, I also have a Korean, and multiple Chinese so the possibility to offend was great. I explained from all angles and answered many tough questions but I think it went well.

I read this morning about the latest protests in Russia against Putin. I have always been a bit cautious when it comes to commenting on Russian politics. There are few things I understand less than post soviet governments. They just don't think like I do so I shouldn't make assumptions. But with all of the laws rushed through by Putin regarding treason and inciting riots it really is remarkable to see the reaction taking place throughout Russia. I hope some change at least to the law takes place. I just don't see an end to the power of Putin. The last think I would want would be a revolution and all the damage that causes but something has to change...

No comments:

Post a Comment