Monday, October 13, 2014

1 year anniversary

Today is a very special day.

Its the one year anniversary of the best decision I ever made. One year ago today I asked Jackie to go to the Nashville zoo with me. We had spent a lot of time together the previous weeks and months sometimes in groups sometimes alone. But I was very hesitant, I had just returned from Indonesia and planned to go back. I had also ended a toxic relationship months previous and had no intension of starting a new one. However, I couldn't shake this beautiful blond girl who was so intelligent and kind.

We went to the zoo and then out to dinner at a local Ethiopian restaurant. I was smitten... something was special about this girl. I could tell from very very early on that she was different from any other girl I had ever met.

Now here we are one year later... engaged, living in Jakarta, and happier than ever.

We have faced some difficulties and struggle at times living in the third world. Yet every day I fall more in love with her.

Last night we celebrated by going to a romantic dinner at Pepenero Italian restaurant then exchanging gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment