Monday, January 5, 2015

Returning to the office

Its Monday morning and I am back in the office, its hard to believe my holiday is already finished.

I started off the holiday by leaving for Banda Ache with a group of friends and Jackie. We traveled first to Banda Ache where we were held back a day due to rough seas. Jackie and I were hassled by the religious police during a short walk after dinner. The next morning we were able to take the ferry across to the island of Pulau Weh.

The island is an incredible tropical paradise.. the island has epic beaches, waterfalls, a volcano, monkeys, multiple Japanese forts from WW2, mountains, scuba diving, hot springs, and NO mosquitoes!

The resort we stayed at is run by a former NGO who is an excellent cook. Every night he makes a 4 course meal that is better than most food I have had since I came to Indonesia.

We traveled around on a small motorcycle and explored the majority of the island. From hiking up an active volcano to trekking through a Japanese fort complex.

After returning to Jakarta Jackie and I celebrated Christmas. Christmas had always been a difficult time for me before but now having Jackie here with me it was a warm and incredible time.

On boxing day we traveled down to Bogor to the Mama Sayang orphanage to hand out presents to the children.. what was odd was the bus we used was a repurposed party bus with disco lights and karaoke machine... to an orphanage. At least it did have a toilet which was needed on the nearly 4 hour trip each way.

The rest of the holiday was spent relaxing and watching movies. Working out and cooking great food with my incredible fiancé.









No comments:

Post a Comment