Monday, August 4, 2014

Back to work

I've been in Jakarta now almost a month but today is the first real day back at work. After arriving with Jackie we were immediately faced with Ramadan holiday as well as the Indonesian Lebaran, which is the holiday where everyone returns to their home village. During these holidays the city of Jakarta effectively shuts down. So really after having been in South East Asia for nearly a month we are just now facing reality. 

I moved into my new apartment yesterday at Casablanca mansions which is close to my office and close to where Jackie works as well so I can see her easily. I am also within walking distance of Kota Kasablanca mall so I have a place to go when traffic becomes too hectic. 

I teach my first class today although it is just explaining the class rules and introducing topics to the students... I will begin teacher training next week after evaluations and meeting after meeting. Lots of work to do.

I have to go to Singapore this coming weekend to renew my visa and will do so again next month because the Kitas offices were closed for the holidays... I hope that will all be cleared up quickly but then again... this is Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment