Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 2

After a long day at work I returned home only to walk straight out the door to purchase some more items in my seemingly never ending quest to supply my apartment with all the accoutrements that make a home a home. It seems like I keep finding new things I need. Oh, a peeler! Oh yeah, a bathmat! Oh, salt and pepper... What is frustrating is that I am purchasing all of these things again after having just relieving myself of the same items not but 1 year ago!

I should have my wifi/cable and TV installed by this afternoon which I embarrassed at how much I am looking forward to.. just in time for the return of Football season!

I am sitting in my office now waiting to have lunch a little bored as the week has yet to gain any real traction and is still introductory. Hurry up and wait. That is the true slogan of Indonesia.

I've been taking taxis to and from work which has worked so far as there are always taxis outside my apartment as well as near to my work but after having had a car for the vast majority of my time in Indonesia it has been a tough transition to not have one again. Hopefully I will get one within the next month or so. If not I will have to buy another motorbike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment