Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Like a boss

On Sunday evening Jackie came over to help me make a veritable feast. I had been craving Mexican food for days and while I sat complaining Jackie rose to the occasion and said well why don't we just make it? After a bit of research I came to realise that making tortillas is incredibly easy. So on Sunday evening I began making tortillas and guacamole while Jackie made the black beans and steak. We mixed it all together with plenty of onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro. We had quite a few tortillas left over so I will probably make some more tonight which I am really looking forward to.

Jackie had to go to Singapore to finally pick up her Kitas but I was a bit worried because I wasn't going with her so even though she is a smart girl and can take care of herself the language barrier can be quite troubling. Unfortunately she did face some problems... The Taxi driver took her to the wrong terminal so she tried to take another taxi to get to the correct terminal but took an unlicensed taxi driver who took her a long way and expected and unbelievable rate. She ended up arriving 20 minutes before her flight was due to depart.. The airport only allows you to enter if you arrive 30 minutes before the flight... The result was that she missed her flight forcing her to purchase a new flight. The problem being that she had a noon appointment at the embassy to get her kitas started and all of the morning flights were booked. Not only was she forced to purchase a new ticket but since it would now take an extra day she would be forced to purchase a new return ticket and an extra day at her hotel as well as missing a runway show that she had already booked back in Jakarta. She ended up arriving in Singapore and paying an extra few hundred dollars to have her kitas expedited. Pay a few hundred extra so as not to have to spend a few hundred more. It was a nightmare and I feel so awful... She returns tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait to have her back.

 I miss her already

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jessie. I think I have this blog thing figured out now. Jeff Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can feel quite vulnerable when traveling in a foreign country. And in point of fact we are vulnerable. I'm so sorry to hear of the long list of misfortunes that Jackie has experienced. Hopefully things will smooth out soon. I have had many occasions to worry over the course of Jackie's life because she is not afraid to take risks which I admire greatly. However it also gives me occasion to worry about her high adventures. It's all part of what Mom's and Dad's everywhere experience. I know I am not alone. It is only because We want the very best for them. We have taken a few risks ourselves and find opportunity to broaden our horizons, overcome fears, and grow as people. Jessie and Jackie we miss you and pray for the best!!

    ReplyDelete