Thursday, September 4, 2014

Stop. take a breath. stand amazed

Yesterday was a rough day for me. It all started off well enough but due to some miscommunication and a foolish employee I was thrust into a difficult situation where my character was called into question. I came home from work very angry and with a very short fuse. My Fiancé came over to have dinner and I couldn't even be in the same room with her. I was too angry... I knew that I would say something rude or snap at her even though she had done nothing wrong. She cooked a nice dinner while I emailed and communicated with those involved in the situation until it came to a resolution. I emerged from my cloud of anger and frustration to a beautiful dinner and an even more beautiful fiancé. She had even gone to the store earlier in the day and bought me a pair of jeans that I had been looking at the last few weeks. Suddenly my anger seemed trivial and pointless. I calmed down, took a deep breath, and stood back in awe of what God has been doing in my life. I have found the most perfect woman in the whole world for me. And starting next summer I will be spending the rest of my life with her.

After a few more emails and a couple phone calls I was able to sort everything out and the issue became moot. Jackie and I sat back after dinner and watched the Hobbit and ate popcorn. I look back on yesterday as a glowing example of mans foolish nature. It is so easy to get caught up in our own problems and shortsightedness... God has been doing many amazing things in my life and I am beginning to see the fruits. I am a lucky man. Blessed indeed. Oh and she just did a photo shoot for Cosmo magazine... Amazing



No comments:

Post a Comment