Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Sleep wanted

Two nights ago I hardly slept. I had a lot on my mind and just could not sleep. I was surprisingly awake all day finished the days work and went to bed at a reasonable hour. Yesterday on the other hand was misery... I was a zombie for the majority of the day. I struggled through each of my classes and by the time I returned home I could barely stand. I napped off and on for the remainder of the day and finally succumbed to sleep at 9pm. Thankfully I am feeling much better today thankfully but it is a constant reminder that even the smallest change to my sleep schedule can ruin my week. I am often asked to go out to a movie or something which might make sleeping at my regular time more difficult. I rarely do for this reason alone. I might be okay the day after but maybe 2-3 days later as the lack of sleep builds upon itself I am crushed and can hardly function.

I was just looking at the schedule and it looks like I only have about 2 weeks until review week and then finals! Only a short time more and I will finally get a decent break. I will be relaxing on the beach enjoying the sun and be free from 5am mornings... 

1 comment:

  1. Just wait till yall have kids! Oh my word does the lack of sleep kill you then!!!

    ReplyDelete